Leverage Certification Course
To meet the industry need for more objective understanding of the controversial business-building strategies related to borrowing to invest, Talbot has created a full-day Leverage Certification Course to help advisors and compliance officers understand:
- the mechanics, risks, and opportunities with various leveraging strategies
- the MFDA's new suitability guidelines and how to meet them
- effective communication analogies and concepts to help appropriate clients objectively understand the pros and cons
- strategies to reduce the leverage risks to investors, as well as business risks to advisors and dealers
Pricing and Discounts
The course fee, including $120 worth of software, is $345.
"Help a Friend" and spread the word, as significant group discounts apply. In addition, courses can be held for individual offices at rates of $295 or lower, depending on the group size.
Course attendees receive...
- a 77-page Student Workbook
- a 6-month license for Talbot's Leverage Professional software ($60 value)
- a 6-month license for Talbot's RRSP Contribution Optimizer software ($60 value)
- a booklet 'Dispelling the Myths of Borrowing to Invest' ($12 value)
- a pamphlet 'Introduction to Conservative Leverage'
- Leverage Suitability Checklist, Emotional Acid Test
- Leverage Certification Course certificate
Increase Business and Reduce Risks
This course benefits dealers by helping those advisors not comfortable with this business opportunity better understand when "forced savings" can make sense and when it doesn't. More importantly, the concepts and guidelines for only introducing responsible leveraging implemented in a safer, "responsible" way reduce business risks and regulatory concerns, demonstrating that dealers have committed to a higher, professional level of care.
Qualifying for 6.5 CFP CE credits, advisors will learn:
- guidelines and strategies to implement leveraging in a safer, responsible manner, to meet and exceed MFDA's new suitability guidelines
- the 5 myths related to borrowing to invest
- the critical importance of investor and advisor behaviour
- 9 leverage-related risks and how to reduce them, including behavioural and timing issues
- Interest-only leverage vs. term loans, and RRSP Catch-Up loans
- NEW: how to optimize a client's RRSP contribution strategy, accounting for unused RRSP room
- the Smith Manoeuvre, RRSP-leverage combination plans, RRSP meltdowns
- Talbot's Leverage Risk Theory
- identifying suitable client profiles
- lenders' guidelines for approving loans
To arrange a Leverage Certification Course for your group, or to be informed when a course comes to your area, please contact us at (519) 663-2252.